View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

Mood : Wargahrgbl!

PostSubject: What System/World do we want to play?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:07 am

So, just to make things clear.
I can nearly GM anything there is already a thread for, meaning DSA, D&D, Rifts and Shadowrun.
While I´m not too fond of the idea of GMing Shadowrun at the moment, I would if everyone wants me to.
This here thread will be for this exact discussion, what do you want?
I can tell you a bit about the general ideas I have for campaigns already worked out to a certain degree.

DSA - would be an existing offical adventure. This one gets you through roughly half the world of the setting, while never leaving anything out. Adventure, drama, action, horror, an epic quest to follow and heros (mostly) everywhere.
DSA is a very dice intensive and skill roll game.
Still, I tend to leave most things to roleplay in this campaign, so we won´t be rolling for everything. (My decision as GM, depends on the situation, the skill used, ect. )
This is a mostly german system, so I have no idea where to get the english rules, but it´s easely explained and I will be the one creating most of the chars for you, after you told me, what you want to play. (The combinations possible in this rpg are nearly endless, so try to think outside the "classes" box. )

D&D - Total homebrew campaign, situated in Faerun (forgotten realms setting) and pretty much a typical RPG Campaign.
Some dungeoneering, some Detective work, some journeying through the world (and it´s planes), combined into epic storytelling.
Don´t really know what more to say about it, just aks questions, or whatever. ^^

Shadowrun - Well, no idea right now, Cyberpunk/Fantasy mix in seattle of the year 2060 (or around that).
I have GM experience in Shadowrun but it´s not exactly my best system. If you all want me to, I can try it, but I would leave that place to Askaya, so we have to poke her enough that she GMs it for us. : p

Rifts - Yeah, Rifts...one of the more strange if not outright fucked up settings/game mechanics I ever saw.
It´s a mix of everything, Hardcore SF meets High fantasy meets everything else.
EVERYTHING. Let that sink in, we can have a powerfull magic Fairy, just being playfully and happy, toghether with a Normal Human and his Power Armor/Robot mecha thingy and some CyberNinja/Mistical Ninja in the same group. and it works. ^^
The pemise will be that we are playing in the Three Galaxies so we will have science fiction in most forms for sure. Magic does exist everywhere as does Psionic energie (think jedi style). I will go into more details about this should you people be intersted.
IMPORTANT. I´m using a slightly changed Skill mechanic for this, so everyone who knows how HORRIBLE the original skill system is, don´t be afraid, this is a thing I changed to make Rifts more playable. ^^

more later.

Last edited by Jenova on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more stuff.)
Back to top Go down
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

Mood : Wargahrgbl!

PostSubject: Shit, we are going to do this now!   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:09 pm

So Askaya and I did a bit of a discussion about what or how we are going to do stuff here.
Our descision so far is to start D&D right away, as an example of what to expect on this forum in general and Rifts, as soon as we got enough players for a group. (Yeah, I´m looking at you megafleam and Asmodi. : p )

Askas and my character are long since ready and already have spend some time together, so it will be a good way to show of what I expect from you players and also, what you will get from me as the GM.

On that note, I again want to encourage everyone to just start playing with us.
The D&D Capmaign is challengeing for beginners, but I KNOW that you are beginners so I will not shout at you for not posting like a champ. ^^

Back to top Go down

What System/World do we want to play?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1