Prologue - War, war never changes...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

Mood : Wargahrgbl!

PostSubject: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Not much is known about how Asgard and Kain Tenebrae met, but we can ascertain that it must have been shortly before our records start (see "Noodle incident" ? no further annotations known)
in the year 7 after the cataclysm. By that time they already seemed to value each other as comrades in arms, together they defeated the Magister Roderich in the Darkwoods, whos renown as a Powerfull and intelligent Tyrant did not help him much against the two, who (parts missing, refer to "legends of the sword coast") after defeating the Tyrant they both vanished without a trace for about three month, it is assumed, that they were involved in the defeat of the Fallen Druids of Neverwinter, but again, nothing is for sure when it comes to these two indivduals.

Some time later they arrived in the Northern parts of fearun where the two adventurers took down a Bugbear and Goblin threat, with the help of some local heros (see "the hunt for blue october" for more information) and gained fame in arbitrateing the ongoing fight between three Towns near the Silvermoon river. (see "no barrels holddown in Silvermoon")
The last certified record of them was in the city of Darmshall, near the Bloodstone Pass in the lands of Vaasa.
Shortly after that, nearly all our records have been destroyed by the [redacted] and we do know only of their legendary tasks in the time between [redacted] and [illegible] through the songs of the bards and other oral traditions.

We know that they met with many a strong and well known hero of the times after [illegible] and made strong enemies in [redacted] and others on the side of....
(the writing after these parts has been destroyed by a fire)

First Record Keeper Milean Rogal, Order of the New Dawn.

\\---------------------------------------------------

Ok, outlplay rant starts here.
Askaya and I will go straight to playing in this thread, in which I hope others will join into the game also.
We will just do our thing, which is mostly roleplaying the shit out of D&D and not giving much of a fuck about the actuall mechanics of the game.
If there are any questions or other things you want to discuss. Go here: Discussion Thread

Back to top Go down
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 pm

DOUBLE POST! I`M THE GM I MAY DO THIS FOR "UPDATES" SAKE!
PLEASE REMEMBER THE GENERAL RULE OF NO DOUBLE POSTING!

To finally just start, Askayas and my character will already begin playing.
We will also try our best to show you how Forum Pen and Paper RPG "works".

Short recap of what happend just before we stopped playing back then.
Our location was in the City of Archenbrigde near the Arkhen River.
We settled there in a Tavern called 'The oaken bird', where we met Gala and his Semi-Dragon Razu.
After we visited the Library in Arkhen River and stopped in a few shops, we again ran into Gala and his Semi-Dragon Razu.
Some "incidents" with a few locals later, Gala asked us to let him join our travels for some time.
We returned to our Tavern, took a meal and went to bed.

\\-----------------------------------------

(Note: We take it semi - slowly, for the beginning? Especialy because Jersey might get in soon, too. ^^ )

@Askaya
#You awake early in the morning, as the world seems still in slumber and the Sun has not yet made it above the Horizon. You room is filled with a golden - red gleam and you can hear Garm, your trusty Worg companion, snoozing at the left side of the bed.
The clear air and the chirping of birds in the late spring wake you quickly and thoroughly.
To your left is a cupboard with a chandelier on top, at the right hand wall stands a cabinet holding some of your gear. A table, a comfy chair and another sideboard with a bowl and a jug of water complete the room on the left hand side.
The sideboard also holds some mugs and small jugs made of clay.
Despite the meal yesterday evening being quite the feast, you feel hungry again, already.

Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

Mood : *rawr*

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:44 am

# I blink at the first sunlight, close my eyes again and listen to the soft snoring of Garm for a few seconds. The singing of the birds makes me think about the sound of dragonwings. I find myself draming for a few minutes, than I aprubtly sit up and rub my eyes, listening to my stomach saying 'groar'.
Garm awakes because of the growling of my stomach.

Garm @Asgard [Abyss]
'Didn't you have had your full yesterday?'

@ Garm [Abyss]
'I thought so.'

# Ignoring Garm, who regards me accusingly, I stand up, dip a few drops of water into my face, get dressed and leave for the door.

@Garm [Abyss]
'You want to join me for breakfast?'

# Garm mumbels some curses and dugs his muzzle into the blanket he is sleeping on.

@ Garm [Abyss]
'I take this as a no.'

# I close the door behind me and go downstairs to the taproom.

http://darksun.forenverzeichnis.com
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 pm

(Well, that took longer then I thought to write this... )

@Askaya
#Leaving Garm to his dreams and looking forward to a good breakfast, you enter the taproom.
The smell of freshly baked bread and hot tea comes up from the taproom below.
You can hear a few people talking and make out Kains voice before even entering the room.
Today the taproom is pretty empty, only four of the 15 Tables are partly filled.
The three merchants from the southern deserts are debating in their guttural language, smiling and laughing at each other. Gala and Kain are located in the right hand corner of the taproom, both of them drinking tea from mugs.

The Dwarfen owner of the Tavern, with the very typical name of Gandresh Son of Gerambolosh, greets you with a smile and asks you in elven.
"Did you rest well? Breakfast will be ready in a moment, if you´re interested."

Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:50 pm

# I take a look around as I walk downstairs.

@ Tavernowner (Elven)
'Be sure I rested well, my friend. I assure you that I except no less from you breakfeast. But I am not as hungry as my stomachs sounds, so bread and cheese and a good warm cup of tea will be enough for me. If you could I would like to have it with my friends.'

# I gesture the location of Kain and Gala.

if Gandresh doesn't have questions I walk over to Gala and Kain..

@ Kain & Gala (Common)
(is Razu there?)
'I see you are already awake. What did wake you Kain?'

#without asking I take my seat.

@ Gala (Common)
'so, where do you intend to go.?'

Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Another Year, another start...   Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:22 am

@Askaya

//---------------------------------------------------

#Kain looks at you with sunken, tired eyes, heaves his jug to his mouth and takes a big swig.
[common]:
"Fnorg! I had some really strange dreams, no idea what they could be about, but it reminds me of the shit we encountered some time ago near Baldurs Gate.
If it keeps up like that, I think something big is coming our way... we should be prepared to be surprised."
#With a wink, Kain puts his attention back to his jug, for now.

#Gala (and Razu, whom you spot under the table as you sit down) pours you a jug of strong smelling fruit tea.
[Common/quietly]:
"I planned to leave to the northeast, seeing as the summer is fast approaching, getting some leages between the heatlands and myself would be good.
But as Razu and I am not exactly of a weak constitution we´d also travel south with you if that´s where you were heading in the first place."
#Gala laughs heartly and loud, slaps his tigh and points at Kain.
[Common/teasing]:
"I could imagine that your companion would prefer the cloudlands a lot more in summer, than being roasted in the sun here."

#Kain raises an eyebrow and looks indignant at Gala...
[Common/Annoyed sounding/smiling]:
"You want to start a fight this early in the morning?"

//------------------------------------------
GM POST: science

Here you can see that I was not directing the speech of Kain and Gala to anyone in particular,
mostly because it´s easy to deduct that both are talking to Asgard in a way that the other can of course hear it.
ALWAYS remember to state the language you use, added extras like how it´s said/how it sounds can be used for intensified roleplay.
No Dice rolls were made, nor necessary.

Something else that will be talked about in the general Rules thread.
The use of Smilies/Emoticons in "In-Game-Posts" is ABSOLUTELY prohibited. (Depending on the GM variations might occur.)
You can use them, if needed in out of character posts, (like this one),
and of course in every other thread, that´s not a RP thread. (the threads where the game actually happens.)
Offenders will be prosecuted by decree of the Forum RPG Inquisition.

Last edited by Jenova on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:39 pm

(common, with a little smile)
'don't pick a fight with him that early, it would be unfair.'

# Asgard takes a sip of his tea while Gandresh serves him the ordered bread and cheese

@ Gandresh (common, still smiling)
'thank you.'

# takes a slice of the freshly baked bread and puts some cheese on it..
  takes a bite and chews it slowly

@ Razu (Dragon)
'you want some too, don't you?'
# holds the bread in one hand and pets Razu with the other, who climbed up my leg to sit on my knee..
  hands some of his cheese to Razu..
  Gala sees it, shakes his head and chuckles..

[common, in his usually quite voice]
'I heard and read about some ancient ruins up in the cloudlands. Kain and I stumbled over some notes pointing towards it. But my friend is to sleepy to see the connections.'

# Kain groans while Gala looks interrested

[common]
'so I would like to go South. '

# Garm comes down the stairs and walks straight up to the table where Kain, Gala and Asgard are sitting.. the other patrons look at the big grey wolf with shining blue eyes in fear.. Razu jumps down from Asgard's knee and right into Garms face..

Gala [common, amused]
'My dragon likes your wolf. Guess we are stuck together.'

# Asgard watches Garm and Razu playfully wrestling

@ Gala [common]
'guess so.'

----------------------------------

Admin Post

I am the second GM of this campaign.. I don't know where the story will go..
but I will be the GM for some adventures that Jeno sees fitting for the storyline.. so he asked me to decide where we go next with Gala and show a bit of roleplaying..
it is only half a players thread.. normally as a player you don't describe what the NPC (here named Gala and Razu) are doing, that is the GM's job..

Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:12 am

(Second try...  ughh - remember kids, to make a copy with strg/ctrl - c before posting/preview...)

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#While your animal companions playfight and Asgard consumes his breakfast, you discuss the best point to start looking for the resting place of the Ruins.
After some time, you agree, that the best spot should be about 15 miles from the city, rougly to the south.
Suddenly Kain interrupts.
[common/smiling slightly]
"How about we go there by cart? I spotted a Horsepeddler when we entered the City, it´s just down the main street to the west.
What do you say, meet back here in an hour? I get us a carriage and you prepare your equipment, mine is already done, just need to pick it up."

#Kain looks at Gala and Asgard and awaits your answer.
Meanwhile, Gandresh appeared beside Asgard and brought a new jar of hot Tea.
@All of us
[common/smiling]:
"Why don´t you drink one more jug and let your bellys settle a moment? I also just got a varity of good cheeses from my cousins farm. I´d recommend trying a few bites."

#Garm and Razu finished playing for now and try to get Galas attention, who is simply ignoring them for the moment and with a glad face fills his jug with tea again.
@Asgard
[common]:
"Lets take the offer and go with Kains plan after we had another tea and a closure for breakfast."

//------------------------------------------------
Gm Post:

Uhhhh, this is going to fuck with my head, playing the same npcs and smometimes chars with two people. WTH?

Last edited by Jenova on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:01 pm

# Asgard chuckles

@ Kain [common]
'Suddenly all excited..? Do what you have to do..'

# everyone around feels that conversations like that are normal between Kain and Asgard..

# Gala looks a bit strange at the two, then at Garm and Razu, and wordless refills Asgards jug..

Asgard @ all [common]
'Some more tea sounds nice..'

@ Gandresh [common]
'do you have some meat for my companion? *looks at Garm* And we would also have some bread and cheese for our journey, if that is possible..'

# looks at Gala while Razu is climbing up to his knee again..

@ Razu [dragon]
'Tired of fighting, hmm..?'

# Razu tilts his head and looks at the piece of cheese in Asgards hand..
Gala bursts out laughing..

Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:06 pm

#Gandresh nods at you and hurries into the kitchen, likely to tell his wife to prepare a proper meal for the road.
Content with the sudden forwardness of Kain, you sit back and relax with your tea.
Gala and Kain engage in a short discussion on how, if at all, any loot will be split, while Razu and Garm look on in bepuzzled amusement,
After the specifics have been agreed upon, Kain sets down his tea and stands up.

[Common/satisfied]:
"I thank you for agreeing, that a ratio of 30/30/40 with Asgard as the majority is the most fair and logical.
Without him, we would not even have such opportunities.
I am going to take my leave now, I expect to be back in about half an hour.
Asgard, please fetch my weapon sidebag from my room when I return."

#Kain nods at the four of you and walks off.
Meanwhile Gandresh returns with a bowl of some meat and vegetables, sets it in front of Garm, petting him.

@Garm
[Common/adoring]:
"Such a good boy you are, eat up! Maybe you even grow a little extra still."

#Gandresh lets out a short thunderous laugh and turns to Asgard and Gala.

@Both of you
[Common/still kinda laughing]:
"A few rations will be prepared for you my friends. don´t you worry and prepare for your expedition."

#With a giant smile on his face, Gandresh turns and tends to some of his other patrons.
Finishing your tea, you stand up and excuse yourself to prepare for the journey.
Later you return with your and Kains packs, Gala and Kain seem to already wait for you in the taproom,
despite you thinking it could not have been that long.
Razu and Garm look at you expectantly, while Garm telepathicaly quips at you.

@Asgard
[telepathic/abyss/amused]
"What did you pack this time, EVERYTHING?"

Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:47 pm

@ Gandresh [common]
'I hope he won't. He is already eating for the four of us.'

# Garm lets out a cheerfull growl and continues to eat his breakfast.

# I get up, excuse myself to Gala and get ready, while Garm has to share his meat with Razu.

# I come down the stairs and see Gala and Kain already waiting, hand Kain his equipment and chuckle to myself. Kain shows me the food rations Gandresh had prepared for us.

@ Garm [telepathic, Abyss]
'like always. everything.'

@ Kain & Gala [common]
'I'm ready to go.'

Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 am

(Here there will be character descriptions put into the narration... also... words/rant )

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#The five of you leave the Tavern as Gandresh waves to you with a smile and wishes a good journey.
Outside, the sun already taking it´s way to the upper parts of the sky, you see a small horsecart with a healthy looking half breed waiting.
The cargo area is big enough for all of you and then some, for eventual "loot and booty".
Gala laughs and takes a seat in the back, as to not take up too much space. A tower of a man as he his, would have problems fitting on the drivers seat.
Kain takes the drivers place for now and indicates Garm and Razu a place in the back too.

[Common/amused]:
"I guess I start out at holding the reign and finding our ways, if you wanna take over, just say so."

#Slowly but steadly we make our way through the already bustling streets of the Town. Sometimes getting interested or downright strange looks from the peasants, Traders a especialy the small guard. Passing the town gates, the guards wish us an eventfull journey.
The cart sways gently from left to right on these roads, among fields of bushes the ocassional tree can be see, while the warm rays of the sun make you forget the last quite cold winter.

#Kain lets the sun burn onto his grey face and silvery white hair, wich shimmers in the daylight as if made from real silver. His completely dark eyes seem to smile, telling you, that he is enjoing it. About avarage height and athletic build, together with a plain dark red shirt, grey trousers, a brown cloak and simple leather boots
make an uninteresting sight out of Kain, while his obvious Fiendish ancestry makes a perfect contrast. A handy sidebag over his shoulders and a Sword at his side, Kain fits well into any place an adventurer would be welcome.

#Meanwhile Razu is gently snoozing on Kains lap getting petted. The leaf green scaly little pseudo dragon, occassionally lets out a small sigh/snore.
Gala, as always bemused of how much Razu likes Asgard and Kain rests his gigantic back on the side of the carts cargo space.
Wearing dark green and brown clothes of differing styles and cultures, the over two meter tall man looks more like a Soldier than a scout, the small katana on his side does not help. Fair, short brown hair and deep blue eyes do govern his face.

#After three hours of road, you reach the Nala Woods, crossing these, you will have entered the cloudlands and at nightfall should arrive at your destination.
Kain looks at you.
[common/sarcastic]:
"So, I heard these woods can be dangerous, while the goblinoid races are not exactly hostile in these parts, we should be carefull, not to piss anyone off.
I may remind you of our "adventures" with a certain dryad..."

Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:57 am

# Asgard sits down in the front beside Kain and nearly immedeatly dozes off.
Reaching Nala Woods I blink a bit at the sun with clouded green eyes. You can tell by his eyes that he was thinking about stuff you most likely wouldn't understand even if you would try. But experience has taught you that with Asgard it is useless to try if he doesn't mention it.

@ Kain [common, a bit annoyed]
'You should take matters like that a bit more serious, my friend. Maybe it is better if I take the reigns from here.'

# Kain hands the reigns over to Asgard, who starts humming an old Syllvan tone.
The light coming down through the leaves of the ancient trees and the shadows make Asgard look even more pale as he is. His small stature, even for an elf, and the lightning make him look strangely fragile. The dragon scaled tail and his bodysized wings, which he often wears like a coat, counter that impression. Given away by his erthtinted robes most folks assume correctly that he is a mage or a sorcerer. Everyone around him get the feeling that he is more than what you see. He has a very calm and confident attitude, sometimes a bit sarcastic or zynical.
He rubs his eyes and runs a hand, which is also looking a bit scaly, through his shoulderlong like the colour of the moonlight hair, which is tied back with a hairband that has the looking like bone.
Suddenly the big grey wolf with his intemidating red eyes tries to get between Kain and me to the front.

@ Garm [Abyss]

'hey, aren't you supposed to be guarding our stuff?'

Garm [Abyss]

'Your bow still gives me the creeps.'

--------

outplay: jepp, I realized my mistake.. Worgs have red eyes and I wanted to keep it that way with Garm.. and about my bow: it is a composite shortbow, but I usually don't carry it around if not needed.. so I didn't know how to include it in the post..

--------

- EDIT by Askaya 06.01.'16 -

I edited a bit of the description of Asgard because Jeno and I came up with a cool idea for his appereance.. :)
Also I will go with Jenos idea (which comes a few posts later) that Garm changes his eye colour according to his mood or whatever causes a Worg to do it.. ^^

Last edited by Askaya on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:22 am

GM POST

stare
I do suddenly remember that bow… I´ll send you a Pm with the actual stats,
once I did found them again, or remember them fully…  
You sure about the red eyes, he´s your Familiar, you can have it changed through that.
(or, go with him having different eyecolours depending on the situation…)
As everyone can see, you can also use narration as a device to tell other players
things their chars “know” despite things like that not happening before ingame.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#Kain looks at Garm, pointing at Asgards bow.
[Common/amused]:
“Don’t worry too much about it, it´s not like it actually is sentient and malevolent.
I´d rather be afraid of Asgard using it. Last time a lot of people got injured and died, not that that was anyones fault actually.”

#Kain and Gala join in to the song, with your humming, Kains deep and tembre
voice and Galas soft baritone you make a good troupe of bards.
Asgard and Kain wonder how Gala knows such an old and purely elven tone.

The three of us.
[Sylvan/somber]:
“The woods are old, older than us. The Stones are older still. We pray to the gods and hold dear the times, that came and went in the olden dear times.”
“No battles took place, among the races of man. No dark thoughts clouded the inhumans minds, for the darkness had yet to rise among the planes of our world."

(Kain sings the refrain alone.)
“Oh lord of the Moonwood, come take our hand and let us sing another song.
The times are a changing and the darkness is rising until the new age shall dawn.
Until the new age has dawned.”

(Together again.)
“The woods will be older, far older than us. The stones shall never falter until we are gone.
We pray to the gods and hold dear the Times, that will come in the new age of the world.”
(This time, Gala sings the refrain.)

“Oh lord of the Moonwood, come take our hand and let us sing another song.
The times are a changing and the darkness is rising until the new age has dawned.”
(Asgard sings the last verse alone.)

“The woods are now older, so much older than us. The stones have outlived us and we are now gone.
We prayed to the gods and held dear the times, that came in the new age of the world.”
(Together again.)

“Oh lord of the Moonwood, you took our hands and we sang so many songs.
The times they are still changing and the darkness is still rising until the end of the age.
Until the end of the age.”

#While singing, Asgard steers the cart along the path until we reach our destination.
In the distance you can already see parts of the former templegrounds,
overgrown since decades ago and clearly in a far worse state of decay than you anticipated.
A small glade with a crystal clear pond is located directly at the middle of the templegrounds.
So far you have not even sensed any woodland creatures other than the occasional bird and some insects.
The templegrounds give you a feeling of serenity and peace, as if it is still under the protection of long dead gods.

Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:18 am

outplay: uhm Jeno.. Syllvan is not Elven.. Elven is Elven (wow, logic) .. o.O
Syllvan is the language of woodland creatures like Dryads, Fairies, ghosts and so on..
also I like the idea that Garms eyecolour changes..
and nice song, btw.. : )

----------

# Asgard @ Kain [common]
'Don't remind me of the tree incident. How was I supposed to know there is a village behind the wood?'

# Garm @ Asgard [Abyss]
'You nearly burnt my fur!'

# Asgard looks a bit guilty, choses to ignore Garm, continues to hum and than joins Kain and Garm in the singing.
Garms ears point straight up as he hears us singing, he places his frontpaws on the planks seperating the back and the front of the wagon and starts to howl very softly, imitating the rythm of Asgards hum in his deep growling voice.

# Upon arriving at the ruins Garm jumps of the wagon and goes sniffing around, unceremonial placing his mark here and there.
Asgard get's off the wagon, too. He looks at Garm and shakes his head.

# to himself [Illuskan]
'I wish I could teach him some manners.'

# Asgard looks around, closes his eyes and takes in the atmosphere of this place. The calm whining of the horse, who looks desperatly at the fresh green gras, brings him back to reality. He goes up to him and gently rubs his forehead.

@ Horse [common, very calm voice]
'I am truly sorry. Give me a few minutes and you will be able to eat and drink your fill. And thank you for your service.'

@ Gala [common, a bit louder, still stroking the horse]
'Could you hand me the rope so our friend here doesn't run away?'

# I start to free the horse from his bridle and harness.
Gala hands me the rope and I tie it loosely around the horses neck, then lead him a bit away from the wagon and tie the other end of the rope to a pillar that sticks out of fresh green gras.
As I walk back to the others I again take it in the calm and peace of this place.

@ Gala & Kain [common, quietly]
'Well, it is not what I expected. But I guess staying here for the night and look around a bit won't do any harm.'

@ Gala [common]
'I have to say that I am surprised that you know the song of the Moonwood.'

# Not awaiting an answer he turns to the lake, walks a few steps towards it and looks at it, clearly deep in thoughts.

Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:31 am

GM:
OK, I didn´t actually thought about sylvan not being elven.
(Must be mixing that up with something, maybe that´s not even Forgotten Realms…   WTH?  )
We just go with Garms eye colour being whatever we think is appropriate for the situation.
Thanks, I made it up on the spot in about 45 minutes.

//----------------------------------------------------------------------
#After we finish the song, Kain turns to Garm, lets his hand run through his short silverywhite hair.

[common/laughs]:
“Garm, you just had your fur slightly singed, my HEAD was on fire!
I am still glad that I do resist the elements to a certain extent, otherwise I could be bald!”

#Kain begins preparing a temporary camp while Gala erects our tents in an appropriate place.
The horse neighs thankfully and gently nibbles on Asgards shoulder while you lead it to the patch of grass.
Razu waddles around and looks at all the nooks and crannies he can find, sometimes bumping into Garm from a hidden place.
The two of them certainly have fun together.

#Gala looks at you, shakes his head too, points at Razu and says.

[common]:
“That´s too much to ask, even from the gods, my friend.
I have been looking after Razu for the better part of a decade,
beings like them will always have their own take on “culture”.”

#While looking around and taking in the scenery,
you notice that the clear pond and the surrounding vegetation seems a lot more healthy and in full spring,
than is normal for the climate of the cloudlands.
But you can´t feel any more or less magic in the vicinity.

#After Gala finishes erecting the tents and digging a small trench around them,
he seeks you out at the pond. He makes sure you do hear him coming, as to not startle you.
Still deep in thought and away from the world you notice him suddenly standing besides you.
[common/smiling]:
“I know that song since I was a small lad, a good friend of mine was learning to become a Bard.
His master was always very proud of still retaining the knowledge of the songs of old.”

“We often sang it together, before both of us left to find our destiny among the planes. Sadly,
I have neither seen him since, nor heard of him either.”

“But it does tell me, that the old songs are still alive in just the right people.
It will be an amusing and great adventure, journeying with the two of you.
I for instance would have never thought before today, that a Tiefling like Kain would not only know such a song,
but actually honor the memories of those ages past with actually singing it.”

“I am honored to be able to travel with you two.”

#You both notice that Kain has already heated a fireplace, secured with stones,
that where lying around and began roasting a few potatoes.
A gentle breeze is springing up from the pond and despite it being an early warm spring,
it does carry some chill in it. Garm and Razu already sat beside the fireplace and are snuggling with each other,
kind of patiently waiting for the potatoes to be ready.

Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:33 pm

(outplay)

about Garm: that sounds good.. : )
also here you see that some conversations, in this case Asgard, Garm & Kain can continue although we are already a step farther in the story.. it can be a bit confusing at times, I know, but when we have more players it will slow down so that won't happen very often.. and once you get used to it there shouldn't be a problem..
and, as you may have noticed, we are still in the prologue.. so additions, corrections or whatever are still made to the chars.. we have a strong picture of how the chars are, but the little things come while playing them..

----------

@ Gala [common, a bit amused]
'I know, I know.'

# I look at the pond and enjoy the healthy environment, not really caring about that it is not exactly natures way. I've read about it.
(can I roll scry..?)

although Gala made it clear that he is walking up to me I'm still a bit starteld.

I rub my eyes while listening to Gala, coming back to reality.

@ Gala [common]
'The honour is on our side, my friend.
Never would I have thought to meet someone like you and Razu. It really is a pleasure to travel with both of you, knowing you also honour the songs of the old times and seeing how much fun our companions have.'

@ Gala [common, smiling]
'To be honest, I think it was me that made Kain aware of the powers that songs still have. We should try to sing in Abyss some time.' *chuckles*
'I think I smell some roasted potatoes. My stomach and I agree that we should look into that.'

# Asgard turns away from the pond, waiting for Gala to follow him, and walks up to the firepit.
He sits down crossleged and folds his wings on his back.

@ all [common, a bit absent minded]
'I like this place. Should be nice to stay here for the night.'

@ Garm & Razu [dragonic]
'Since when are you two waiting for potatoes?'

Garm @ Asgard [Abyss, growling]
'Since I had nothing to feed on after we left the tavern.'

# Razu cuddles into Garms fur.

@ Gala [common, quietly chuckling]
'That alone is a reason why we should travel together.'

# I patiently wait for Kain to finish cooking.

Last edited by Askaya on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
Back to top Go down
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:53 am

GM POST  science

About your question to roll or not, that depends if you do it in character,
for instance Asgard doing it because he does it often,
to apprecciate the magical/mundane elements of a place better, that´s more like playing out your character.
I will be putting that into the narrative, of course, if it´s something like a fight,
always roll for your attacks, if you call one, you roll.
Same goes for casting spells, just don´t do something incredibly stupid...
like angering an elder dragon with your puny magics, or stuff like that.

For most, you won´t be required to roll a lot, for the sake of faster gameplay
and our sanity (lol, so overrated...  Chthulu ), if a thief picks a simple lock,
even under pressure, your skill level should be high enough,
that your character, to become a thief has done that hundreds of times already.
No roll nessesary, so just asking is also ok, if you need to make a roll,
I ask you to and put that into the narrative too.

You see, there is a lot of ways to handle dice rolls,
every player should find their own way of when to do a roll and when to either ask,
or wait for the gm to tell you to roll.

Never forget that it can randomly happen for you to be asked to make a roll,
depending on the situation more then one.
Game Masters themselves should only roll for players or take them over if important to the narrative.
Usualy a "group event" of some kind. also remember that,
if players take too long to answer to a post that the game might go on and the GM puts
the character on "hold" and autopilots him through the narrative/events.

I will always accept a player using a skill, or playing an ability.
If it´s a sucess, I give you the resulting action, information, or whatever it is you roll on/do.
I am not a "Killer Game Master" and I do like to have fun together with the players,
but don´t go full anime, you never go full anime.

As most of my adventures are either wacky,
epic, or both, often with a twisty mix of all kinds of "genre" thrown in,
I will be mercyfull to tomfoolerish actions.
Thus I want all players involved to be initiative, random or experimental with what you do.

Aska and I have already played a lot of Rgp together and also made some exp on some other Forums,
but this is kinda new to us too.
So just try to go with whatever you think it is you do in the given situation of a GM post,
or a player post(or part of a post in general) to another player.

So, let´s move this along a bit.

//-------------------------------------------------------

#Gala nods gently and watches razu and garm cuddle.
Kain hands out hot jade coloured tea in small stone jars and offers a pot of honey to you both,
indicating, the potatos to be soon ready.

#After a while you have a nice meal with dry sausages and still fresh bread together
with the aforementioned potatos.
While Garm and Razu literally tear into their shares,
the three of you take your time and enjoy the breaching dusk and early night.
Shortly after finishing their meals Razu and Garm doze of at the fire, cuddling Gala and Asgard respectivly.
Gala gets up, razu in his arms, excuses himself and retires to his tent.

#You and Kain tend to the fire for a bit and "nightdream" a bit until both of you decide, to go to sleep too.
The night is dark, but not everything is terror as you rest calmly and well,
inmitst the deepest parts of the Nala Woods.
Places like theese, despite often being devoid of specialized magical influences (Fairy, wild magic, demonic/fiendish),
spell a certain colour of magic, granting the weary rest and the wandering save heaven, while the stars above seem to give blessing to the unfortunate.

#You awake roughly at dawn and find Gala and Razu already up,
Garm reluctantly comes out of the tent and lies down near the fire and Kain following soon after.
Woken up fully, having head some tea and a small breakfast, the three of you decide to each
search in different directions so gain a general view of the Temple grounds.

//------------------------------------------------------------------

Area Information
These Ruins seem to not only have been a temple of considerable size, but also an abbey,
or a nunnery of some kind.
The main Temple Ruins size about 150 square meters,
while some of the smaller buildings measured likely up to 60 square meters.
Together the Templegrounds amount to about 1,2 square km in general.
The state of decay and general destruction seems bigest in the centre and the far outer walls are in parts still complete.
Still big enough gaps in it to drive a carriage through.

The most likely place to hold clues to treasures in any form and general information
about this former civilization and what might have been worshipped here,
lie in the north at a place resembling a study/library, a possibility of the
Main Temple having a cellar/catacombs and a fairly destroyed storage area to the southwest.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER GM POST

Informations that describe places, story events, people and other important things
will be accompanied with my typical dark red colour.
Every player should read them, for a deeper imersion in the game
and possibly some hidden information/clues to other things.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - War, war never changes...    

Back to top Go down

Prologue - War, war never changes...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1