Lets discuss insanity!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

Mood : Wargahrgbl!

PostSubject: Lets discuss insanity!   Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Time to get things started for real now.
In Rifts we will loot out how strong our minds are and how deep the rabbit hole goes.

First thing is, in Rifts, litteraly EVERYTHING is possible.
If you have seen anime you know a tiny little part of what can wait just around the corner in this game.
Fairys and Dragons next to Mechas and Spaceships can be a common thing here.
Magic, Psyonic powers, technology and Godlike abillitys go hand in hand in Rifts.
As a start I will not even talk about Character classes or races.
You come up with something you want to play and if it is not too overpowered (no Gods you fuckers! ^^ ) I will simply create that character for you.
So for example,
you want to play a Guy clad in some kind of Power armor, with enough laser/other energy weapons to fry a whole city? Done!
Piloting a big mecha? Done!
You want to be a powerfull magic being/magician of some kind? Done!
A young dragon/demon/other Mystical being? Done!
Some kind of Jedi? Done!
Any race you can come up with? Also Done!
Some combination of the above? Done, indeed!
Let your imagination go nuts!
Just tell me in this thread what you want, and we can start discussing it.

An explanation of the general rules/mechanics will come, once we actually started playing, because they are fucking easy.

To elaborate on some points...
I will play much with "alternate Realitys" and Dimensions wich may or may not be copys of the "Fundamental Reality" meaning the normal Reality we know and most of the game will play out in.
Then there´s Virtual Reality, which counts as it´s own, depending on the Technology.
The Astral Plane, which is litteraly a "direct" copy of the Fundamental Reality, only made up completely of Magic energy.
Others will play a role, depending on the descisions of the Characters and the directions the campaign takes.

Further information may be posted here, after I know that Askaya and me are not the only players. ^^

Back to top Go down
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

Mood : Wargahrgbl!

PostSubject: Re: Lets discuss insanity!   Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:43 pm

So, after some time, I do have to do another post with more information and narrowing down of things.

We will be playing in an environment, called the three galaxys.
There will be cyborgs, laser weapons, spaceships, robots (mecha), power armor and super sciences like Bio augmentation and DNA augmentation.
On the other hand, this is Rifts, so this is a high power Setting, meaning that the general level of Magic energy (densety?) and Psionic waves is incredibly high.
Thus it is quite normal to meet powerfull magic and Psionic users (think expanded Jedi powers), battle magic beings like demons, ghost and others.
The Player characters can range from a totaly normal human robot pilot, again, think mecha, to a super powered magic using fairy.

That kinda would be an actually even fight, depending on the creativity and level both would be at...

Also, remember: "Every sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Here the borders have already wanished. Even starting on a wasteland/in terraforming, backwater just begun
colonizing planet at the outer range of the galaxys still has technology, that today, nobody could even think of creating.

SCIENCE!
SCIENCE!

//-------------------------------------------------------

About Player Characters.
While I like to talk to the players and figure something out with them together, here are some examples.

A humanoid alien, grey skin, like fine chinaware, Medium mega damage capacity,
pilots a medium height scout robot (think 20-35 meters height, still lots of weapons,
living room and a nuclear cell reactor that holds about 20 years..).
Bam, no fucking problem. Just needs some skills,
possibly some military background, maybe just a rich kid on a long adventure.

Involving magic characters, I mostly would recommend going with more untraditional magic users.
(fairy tail has a good idea how magic can work, for example.)
Characters that, like anime and comic characters, can just burst into flame (or some other element),
or use some magical girl style power up are fair game and actually the easiest way to use the magic rules.

Psionic characters, unlike the fucking jedi can be of any alignment,
there is no "Force" it´s a mixture of chi energy and how chacras work,
don´t worry too much about that.
So there is no religious like stuff going on about people that use psionics.
Telekinesis, emphatic powers, mind tricks and powerfull blasts are the usual ways these powers works.
Psionic users can be nearly everything that could be sentient.
A cloud of particles? An amalgamation of computerchips that melded together
in the deep of space and gained sentience?
The My little pony like being from a different reality? (ok, not too sure about that one...)
but, well. sure. Psionics do make these beings possible. (magic can too btw.)
On the other hand, having a humanoid body makes it possible to concentrate your
psionics into a kind of "light saber" stlye weapon and even shield.

more later.

Back to top Go down

Lets discuss insanity!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1