Share | 

Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

Mood : Wargahrgbl!

PostSubject: Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion   Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Hello fellow Internets!

Welcome to the Dungeons and Dragons Campaign of Epic Storytelling.

We´ll be playing in the forgotten realms, but some things are not what they used to be.
A great change is coming and nothing will be as it was before.

In this campaign I expect good roleplay, you don´t have to write some hundred word essay or whatever,
but you should at least try and play your char like a theater actor.
Even one "spoken" sentence can give your character and the whole game experience much more live.
In return I promise you one of the most Epic stories you could read in a good book.

And we will have much, much fun, because you soon will see how much hilarity ensues when you play with me as your GM.

In the beginning I will let you play nearly everything you can find in D&D.
Any classes/multiclasses/prestigeclasses are a go if you give me a good background story and the promise to just not powergame around. Mostly because I will take action ingame against that. ^^

I will take about 8 players into this group and will have my own char handy.
Because of possible Prestigeclasses you can start your chars with up to lvl 6 but again, that requires a good background.

I want to encourage any newbie, who is interested, to just get in on it.
Rules and stuff are not too important and the official rules can be found online in the D20 archive.
Here: Klick me!
Also have a online map of Faerun: MAP

If you are interested or just want to ask something, just post here.
Making this the general discussion thread for "about the end of time".

Last edited by Jenova on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenova
Menace from the Sky
Menace from the Sky

Mood : Wargahrgbl!

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion   Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:18 am

So, to reply to megas question in the Character thread.
There are many ways we could do such a character, but directly having a deamon sealed within you is kinda a bad thing in D&D.
What kind of abillitys/powers are you thinking of in general?
And would you like to be a fighter class or more a magic class. (or something completely else?)

For the Numbers, don´t worry too much about them.
I guess you know what Attributes like strength and such are.
The skills are kind of self explanatory, well most of them anyway.

Just tell me what you want to be able to do/know and we work with that, to create a character together.
For the beginning, let me ask you a few questions.
Do you want to play a Human or something like an Elf , dwarf or halfling?
Would you rather be a Fighting character (close combat/ranged combat), or more along the lines of a magic user?
You also can go a middle way of both, or just go down the "knowledge" path and be some kind of scholar with mixed skills.

Hope you´ll reply here soon.

Back to top Go down
megaflaem

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Soo....I'm here...(dammit, I have no life).
Now, I'd like a human dude, with skills from both a warrior, and mage. My character's a let's say, mid-range fighter. He's not like a mage that would attack from far away, nor does he like getting too up close. Optimum fighting distance about 20 meters, (around 66 feet).

I'd like something with high strength, high damage and stuff, high accuracy, but it causes self damage if battle is prolonged. Like he's got a time limit before his own massive strength starts destroying him.

Also, the demon I was thinking of is like...uhh...my char can "tap" into his power, for increased stats, but it causes massive self damage, and shortens the persons life-span. It also makes him more prone to disease, fatigue after the power boost goes away. His own normal strength is medium level, as well as mage abilities...so, is that plausible?

Oh, and my char is good with nearly all weapons, and has a phobia of cats. Can't forget the felynephobia.

Oh, and I was looking at those stats...what is the base reference? or rather, how strong is 1 STR point, or 1 AGL point, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

Mood : *rawr*

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion   Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 am

hey megaflaem...

the char can only be discussed with Jenova - for he is the GM...

but I can give you some short clues...

the max. strength or dexterity or whatever is 18 + racial bonus
18 is the max. for a human...

an elf for examples gets a +2 dex bonus, so his max. is 20...
therefore he gets a con - ...

the avarage is 10, for a normal human being, not touched by a demon or dragon or god or whatsoever...

don't be scared by Paladin - this word holds MANY ways... ^^

@ Jeno
*phew*
I would think of something like pure Fighter, Paladin or - 'Demontouched' - Duellist or Demonrider (or however it is called)

<Askaya

http://darksun.forenverzeichnis.com
Taroni

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion   Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:05 am

I think I need a roll before I can make a PC,

is as far as I can go without a roll for stats to be placed <_<
Back to top Go down
Askaya
little dragon
little dragon

Mood : *rawr*

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion   Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:41 am

welcome Taro.. : )

you could use our dice bot..
if you create a post you can click on 'choose your destiny' directly under the window where you type.. enter how many dices should be rolled and when you hit send the dice bot will create another post which states what you rolled..
just do it in the 'garbage bin' with a title like 'Taro rolling for his char'.. Jeno or I can delete the post when you don't need it anymore..

also Jeno or I could make rollls for you..  ; P

< Aska

http://darksun.forenverzeichnis.com
megaflaem

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion   Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:53 am

Sooo....

Still have no idea what to do.

I want a dude with a sword/shield or dual swords. That's about it. Or one Long sword. That would do too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion   

Back to top Go down

Are you ready for EPIC? - Story and Character discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1